Saturday 10 May 2008

Wedding card

Yay I managed to make a few cards today. I'm afraid I can only show you one of these though as the others are for a competition and a friendship card swap I'm organising on the cardmaking forum.

The one I can show you is this wedding card which I am quite pleased with, it's for an Asian couple so I didn't want anything too traditional or religious. In the end I came up with this:
You can't see from the photo but the front of the card finishes where the wider white lace is. I love lace at the moment and used quite a bit of it on this card. The patterned paper is by Imaginesce Loves Me - Wild Hearts; I also used pearlescent card stock and some flowers I'd had for a while. I cut the heart shape using my Creative Memories cutting system.

David and I are still coughing some but are much better than we were last weekend. It's been mighty hot today (28C) but it's been a good day, housework for me this morning and then crafting this afternoon. We have started a healthy eating regime and I made some sugar free jelly this morning and also some fresh fruit salad for when we feel peckish.

Thanks for looking, hope to make some more cards tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
What a sweet wedding card! I love lace, very pretty.
Glad you are both on the mend.

Diane

Sew This N That said...

I love your card Valerie, I like how you have done the lace very pretty. I am sure the couple will love it too :)

Heather x

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous card
linrobroy xx