Monday 20 October 2008

Some good news

Hello there, sorry it's been a while since I blogged but I've some fantastic news to share with you all.
I applied for a job in a middle school in Suffolk earlier this month, the deadline for applications was 13th October, I had an interview last Thursday morning and that afternoon I had a phone call to say they were very impressed with me and wanted to offer me the job! To say I was gobsmacked was an understatement. I enjoyed the interview and tests etc but I thought I only had a 50/50 chance because there were 5 interviewed and some of those knew the school and other admin staff, plus I hadn't had an interview for 23 years! I start on 3rd November after half term but have offered to go in to school this Friday to do some work shadowing. This job is part-time 25 hours a week and term time only. It will give me more time to spend with Mum and persue my hobbies, I haven't even started making Christmas cards yet!

The sad thing this week is that I finish my job down in London on Wednesday :( I've worked with some lovely colleagues and have enjoyed my London job but am very happy to be living and soon working in Suffolk. Both David and I have a week off work next week so are looking forward to that and to finally catching up and finishing off sorting our bungalow.

I even managed to make some cards on Saturday. A couple for my present line manager Meg, I will miss her so much, she's been a huge inspiration to me and I wouldn't have got through the last couple of years (when I was poorly) without her support and advice:

Meg's birthday card - Happy Birthday for today Meg, and her thank you card (below) which I will give to Meg on Wednesday

Then I made a thank you card for our dentist's receptionist. Whilst David was in the dentist's chair last Wednesday Chris and I had a lovely chat about the interview and job and I'm sure it helped.I will update you again soon. A mixed week as you can imagine. Still we are enjoying our stay in a hotel whilst down in London and eating out!

Take care, and thanks for reading, hugs to you all. Would love to hear from you if you can leave a message :)

4 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Great news Valerie :0) A change in career is always exciting, but leaving people behind is also hard.
you have made some wonderful cards, vibrant and welcoming :0)
Sorry I haven't had the chance to catch up with you in a while Valerie, but I am glad to hear that both you and David have settled into your new life :0)
Keep well, my friend :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Sarn said...

Hi Valerie . . . hope your 11 o'clock "something" was fun! Wishing you all the best for your new lifestyle, and CONGRATS on getting the job you wanted.

Anonymous said...

I valerie concratulations no your new job lv Ralph

Anonymous said...

Oh wow huge congratulations Valerie, will have a letter in the post to you real soon.

Hugs

Kathy xxxxx