Monday 25 August 2008

Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary Margaret and Geoff

Happy 25th wedding anniversary to my dear sister Margaret and her husband Geoff on the 27th August.

We met up with them last Friday for a celebratory meal. I made them a card depicting the colours they had for their wedding (peach):
I also made a trio hanging out of beer mats, prima flowers, adhesive pearls, metallic silver ink and silver liquid pearl. I covered both sides so if it turns in the breeze it still looks okay. The first side shows Margaret and Geoff on their wedding day and the other side are photos taken last year when they were on holiday.
To complete it I made my first ever box and covered the top with a sheet of silver anniversary scrapbook paper. I was well pleased with how it came out. I dug into my Christmas ribbons for some glittery silver ribbon and used Prima flowers and a Doodlebug silver glitter brad to finish. We also gave Margaret and Geoff a silver knife and serving slice with love knots on the ends as Margaret loves to bake rich fruit cakes.

They were over the moon with the presents.

Happy belated birthday to their son Peter whose birthday was yesterday. I can now show you the card: It's a Bank Holiday Monday here and David and I have been busy having a clear out. We dismantled a wardrobe, bookcase and chest of drawers and took those down to the recycling centre. We then got everything down from the attic (thankfully there were only cases) and David also cleared some bits and pieces from the garden so it was another trip to the dump. I think we deserve a relaxing afternoon. I might even colour in some Christmas images, can't believe I soon need to start making Christmas cards.

Take care

No comments: