Sunday 1 February 2009

Mens cards

I find creating mens cards so difficult, I love using pretty colours, flowers, glitter, gems etc. I remembered last year I'd bought a Dufex die cut decoupage sheet so hunted this out and used it to make two cards, one a retirement card and the other a birthday card for the end of the month. Here they are:
The first one I used a piece of Personal Impressions paper, along with a Stampin Up sentiment stamp along with a little grosgrain ribbon. For the second I used the Carol Wilson Fine Arts embossed garden paper, very nice it is too. That's it really, quite effective - sorry the photos do not do the cards justice, the dufex images are a kind of metallic shimmery card which really show up well in real life.

We had a few light showers of snow earlier, it's bitter cold outside and we're due for some heavy snow later today/tomorrow. Wonder if school will be closed tomorrow? I'm coughing well and still bunged up so am not going out today, instead I'll try and relax and make a few cards, hopefully I'll feel a little better tomorrow.

No comments: