Sunday 6 September 2009

Sorry it's been a while

Hello there, sorry it's been a while since I last posted, I didn't realise it had been nearly a month but can understand why. School summer holidays should give me loads of time to work on cards but in reality it didn't. Firstly we went on holiday to Somerset early in August, unfortunately David wasn't too well due to a trapped nerve in his back so we returned early and the rest of the school holidays at home. Not that we minded as it was easier for David to relax at home and also we still felt like being on holiday as the sea is only a few miles from us (about 5-10 minutes at the most) so we were able to get out and about every day. It also meant we were able to visit Mum who has recently been diagnosed with diabetes.

I was asked to run a crafting group on the court here (we live on an estate for the older person) on 24th August. It involved a lot of organisation and preparation as I put together 2 card kits and a bookmark kits and made enough for 20 to take part. I was extremely nervous - I hate talking out in a group - but it went very well apart from the initial "speech". Everyone enjoyed themselves and we had a laugh. In fact they enjoyed it so much I've agreed to run a Christmas cards and tag session during the half term week (last week in October). It should be a little easier this time but will still need a lot of preparation.

I had hoped to start on my Christmas cards but only made 1! I did manage to buy up loads of Christmas stash in anticipation :) I also bought a Slice (electric cordless die cutting machine). It arrived last week and I love it. It sits nicely on my PC/craft desk. I did make a Christmas card yesterday:
It's with a free pyramid card topper from CraftsUPrint. I layered it up and then added glitter glue to the angel wings and main star. I added mirri card in red and gold and then stuck it on to red card. A bit of gold glitter ribbon and the sentiment (from CraftsUPrint) and it's done. Sorry the picture is a little dark the light wasn't too good yesterday afternoon. The other Christmas card I made was using a fabric square which I bought at Wroxham Barns (Norfolk) during the holidays and had to try it out: I am going to try posting more often but if you don't see me for a while please don't worry. A colleague left at school and I'm working extra hours and it seems to be extra manic at the moment.

Thanks for looking, hope you are all well :)

No comments: