Sunday 20 April 2008

Some of Sunday's creations

What a lovely day today, I always enjoy a crafting day though I did pop out for a walk early this morning.

I managed to finish the coaster box and must admit I'm really pleased with it (I know I'm biaised LOL), wish I could keep it but I've put the recipient's name on it. Unfortunately I cannot show you until my UKS team mate receives it towards the end of April. I promise to upload photos of it then (along with the card I made her today) as I can't wait to show it off, my first coaster box.

I made a few cards but cannot show them all. I made two RAK (random act of kindness) cards and a secret sister card ready to send to cardmaking forum friends in May, also a birthday card for a UKS friend.

I can show you a couple of cards I made using the new Laura Ashley stash:
This card uses the contemporary patterned paper which I've edged with lipstick red colorbok chalk ink and a Bazzill flower with a Laura Ashley contemporary brad. The image is by Penny Black and is called Shy Surprise (code 1730E).

This card again uses the contemporary patterned paper, as well as contemporary ribbon and brad. Not sure where I got those flowers from but they seem to work well with the card colours. The pattern down the right hand side is made from the Impress die cut stencil - Lattice border.

Back to work tomorrow :( still only a 4 day week for us as we're off to Suffolk on Friday to visit Mum. I hope to bring you more creations next weekend.

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
Really pretty creations - wish I could do that! Love this hobby and I'd love to get involved but have no idea where on earth to start!
Beautiful day today - much better than I'd heard it would be. Glad you had a nice walk this morning. We took Harry to the park - he loves the water (river there).
Back to work for us too, tomorrow and school after 2 weeks holiday. How quickly time flies when you're having fun eh? lol
Best wishes and love,
Diane

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely cards there Aunty Valerie. I miss my crafting but have got a small selection at ours at the moment because of decorating a box I bought a while ago for a wedding i'm going to in July. :). Thought it would be nice if there were some small bits that the happy couple would like to keep memory wise from their big day, looking forward to getting that done.
Hope to see some more creations soon. Take care.
Love Jean xxx