Sunday 19 April 2009

Scrapbook layout collage of Telford

My brother David received the ashes back from the vet's on Friday and decided to hold a little get together yesterday in memory of Telford. I'd been wanting to give David a little something in memory so decided to do a 12 x 12 inch scrapbook layout. Here it is:
Sorry I can't remember who the paper is from but thought it was apt. The black rub ons were from Papermania and Kaiser Craft. The title is raised chipboard letters I bought some time ago from QVC. It's my first LO since I've moved to Suffolk and I was pleased with how it turned out, in fact I like it so much I'm going to have to do myself one and hang it in my craft corner :)

The afternoon went really well, we didn't have a service or anything but we spoke about our memories of Telford. One story brother David told us was that a while after he got Telford he went out to work as usual but had left a huge big tin of Roses chocolates on the table in the kitchen. Now the tin was about 5kg or more and is quite heavy even for us, it hadn't been opened and was celotaped around the top. David got home from work and didn't see anything amiss but when he went into his bedroom he found the tin of chocolates on Telford's bed. How Telford got it there we don't know. He must have nudged the tin off the table with his paw or nose and then rolled it from the kitchen into the bedroom and onto his bed - there wasn't a scratch or dent on the tin :) What a story - I love that one so much. There is also the episode of the two family sized Christmas puddings that got eaten but that's another story.

We will miss Telford so much but he'll always be in our memories.

No comments: